Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A Good Question

A fellow SL resident Akela Talamasca posed a good question in a recent blog entry in the Second Life Insider. I pasted my reply. ( note that I am the 11th commenter!)

11. I spend most of my free time in SL! Why? Because I can! But mostly because, like what a lot of other commenters have already pointed out, it's the only place where one can imagine, create and BE!

You know as well as I do, and others here too (someone even said it). Whatever phenomenon Second Life has created for the masses .. it IS the WAY OF THE FUTURE! Definitely.

Some say I'm nuts! But who wants to be normal anyway. I keep coming back because IT IS THE FUTURE and I am going to be a part of it no matter what!

This was a great question to ask!~ Thanks for asking it. I enjoyed reading the comments of those before me.

Posted at 6:56AM on Oct 18th 2006 by Maxine Montale (Second Life Resident)


As with all NEW things, people are always skeptical. They don't take the time to understand, or see the good. It's always the negative that is seen first. Surely, there is a right to be cautious and weary. I grant that to those that are 'sleeping sheep'. But technology has advanced multi-trifold in the last few years and these advancements and opportunites have created a spur of creativity in developments, vision and global community.

Actually, there is an energy that has been with us for quite some time now that is responsible for this RUSH in creative thought. Hmmm, I was actually going to type 'Collective thought'. I think that the term 'Collective thought' seems more appropriate.

Of course there will always be opportunity as well, to exploit NEW territories and to try to find a way to capitalize and invest. That is the 3rd dimensional nature of man. However, overall, in the bigger scheme of things, a plan that has been in the works for a very long time now is soon being organized quickly and steadily.

That plan is a call FOR humanity and TO humanity to open their eyes (third eye really) and realize the TRUTH that exists yet we do not see, that in our hands is the capability for greatness towards our future in that we can together create Peace and Harmony so that we may continue to inhabit this wonderful world we live in.

I DO believe that the Greater Consciousness is using Second Life as a vehicle to reach out. There I said it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home