Sunday, June 03, 2007

When Second Life Meets Real Life Part I

What happens to your psyche when the life you live in Second Life has somehow transitioned into Real Life?

As a newbie over a year ago, it did not take me long to recognize the impact that Second Life could have on one's psyche. I had met people whose Real Life illnesses had chained them to hospital beds, kept them indoors, confined them to wheelchairs or simply left them exhausted after medical treatments.

There were also those people who had seemed to be going thru self imposed therapy, working out certain Real Life self issues thru interactions with others, or by entering into inworld relationships.

Then of course, there were others who lead a completely different Second Life, far from that of their Real Life. Afterall, how many 'furries', slave girls, vampires, or talking orbs do you see in Real Life?

I had undergone my own journey of self discovery and it was not intentional, by far. It was, rather, part of the big scheme of things that I knew would someday unfold before me - causing me to completely change my present life situation. What I did not expect, was to ever find myself in a 3D virtual world, live out and express my much suppressed creativity, and meet an avatar that would enhance my Second Life as well as my Real life. Enter Fim Fischer.

This avatar not only showed me (indirectly) the areas of my human'ness that I needed to work on, he had also taught me about me. His Real Life personality managed to find a way into my psyche and 'heal' me. Was this planned? Absolutely not.
Neither of us ever planned to have a 3D virtual relationship. As a matter of fact, both of us laughed at the prospect of how people can allow themselves to even be involved like that.

To this day, we are still baffled how we allowed ourselves to enter and to carry on our relationship inworld.

The word 'baffled' does not occupy most of our thoughts when we think about how it all began. Rather, we have both come to choose and accept words like, fate, destiny and phrases like, "meant to be".

On looking back at the first posts of this blog, and the insight that Maxine Montale had, even back then, that had prompted her to start a blog with a theme such as 'synchronocity' and the 'influence' of the Greater Consciousness - I can only smile in content and nod in total agreement.

It only took Fim Fischer and I three months of being together inworld to know that the people behind these avatars wanted to be together in Real Life. After much talking and longing .. we both decided, or allowed ourselves to follow the natural course of things that had started on that fateful evening on December 24, 2006.

On Tuesday May 8, 2007 Ysabel Isabella in Real Life, left Houston, Texas to start a life with the Real Life Fim Fischer. Not only has their meeting set a precedence for Second Life but the choice they made to do this is surely an act of 'believing in LOVE' and 'following your heart'.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

best wishes of happiness to you and Fim. Yes, many non-believers in virtual relationships get turned inside out when they find themselves close to one in SL (me included) *smiles*. Only the people involved can really make a decision as to the boundaries, the flow into RL. Not so hard to understand how we can fall in love in SL when we are relating to people from our inside (what we choose to express thruough avi) - all the insecurities we have edited away... in RL we are bound by more layers to peel in order to get to that core. That being said, I would just like to affirm that not every SL relationship will flow into RL and for the people involved that may be their true bliss. I can say that my experiences in SL do carry over in RL in the most positive way because after all, it is still me at the keyboard... not a virtual self.
much love, V.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Ysabel Isabella said...

*smiles* yes, you are right violeta, I couldn't agree with you any less. I guess we are just fortunate to have what we found in SL find a way to transition into RL. That or we both really just wanted it bad enough. Thank you for your wishes. I appreciate you visiting here and commenting. Well, it's still a journey nonetheless and a journey whose path I have still to tread.

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home