Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Making a Come Back : A Resurrection of Sorts

Firstly, I would like to acknowledge the efforts of Ysabel Isabella for making a brave attempt at continuing the posts for this blog. Thank you Ysabel.

Secondly, I'm back. The long sabbatical away from blogging and Second Life has certainly renewed my interest. Why this is so, I cannot say. I have not yet analyzed this process within me. When I do, I will be sure to share it with all of you.

Now I will talk about Balance. Yin & Yang. Black and White.

I re-entered Second Life landing on the First Island Parcel I ever bought (An Azure Property on Aquila). I had many wonderful memories there, most of which was spent inviting people over to talk about Second Life and to discuss the possibilities of this new paradigm that will eventually change the way people use the internet.

My Second Life took on its' own path sooner or later I had needed an excuse to leave. The excuse is not a matter of importance. What IS important is that I never deleted my account. I was so sure that I would never need to return to Second Life, and yet I never once thought of deleting my account.

I am glad I didn't.

During the time of my absence, my alt avatar dominated my RL computer time and HER Second Life took its' own path as well - so much so that she ended up meeting her Soul Mate in Second Life - and 5 months later packed up what she could take in two luggages, left her job and pretty much her life - and fly across the Atlantic to live with her NOW business Partner and LIFE Partner! Don't believe me? Too bad, but it's very true.

The interesting thing is, as my alt avatar I had accomplished everything I had ever wanted to do in Real Life but for some reason never did - and I got the opportunity to do them all in Second Life - with my alt av. After realizing this, and especially after having moved to be with him, I no longer saw the need to my alt av to be in Second Life.

Of course this is not realistic for my alt av to totally avoid SL since the RL business she started with her partner in SL is now getting underway - which means she will need to work in Second Life. Work.

My alt av's work is supposed to be devoted to the RL business but my alt av ended up getting involved with another RL company and is now utilizing her build talents to help them develop sims for RL businesses.

Enter Maxine Montale to the rescue.

Maxine started out in SL as an independent, empowered business female av, much like my alt avatar with the exception of Maxine taking her networking skills and business enterprise to a whole other level.

These qualities are what is now needed for the RL upstart. And that is why I have returned to SL - and to blogging.

I am thankful that I had created two avatars for Second Life. Both still have their own set of friends and their own Second Lives - which is as opposite as they are complimentary.

Afterall, they would have to be complimentary since both of them are ME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home