Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Ask Yourself the Margaret Question

After just posting the Mind Distortion ... entry (see previous post) I realized I had 2 comments on the blog entry Learning to Set Limits. One reader, Margaret, posed this question that just gave my MIND a new yogic pose, I'll call it "Ahhhhh! Uh Oh ... "

Margaret's question is: If the smart, the creative, the innovative and the technically wise expend their talents in the metaverse, what happens to the rest of the world? What happens to the environment? What happens to the poor? Something like a third of the world has never even used a telephone....

Then she closes her comment with:

Sometimes, I want to go and live in a rainforest and eat leaves. :) Take me with you, Margaret! :o)

I am going to ask myself the Margaret Question. Right now my MIND is excited. It has encountered a new Yoga pose and I need to practice it and breathe thru it. I am going to bump down all my other blog entries until I come up with a decent and thoughful response to the Margaret Question.

Also, I am going to incorporate my response to Sorcha McConachie's comment as well.

Both Margaret's and Sorcha McConachie's comments are very engaging and thought provoking. We may have felt similiarly to how they describe feeling about spending time online but at least now, we know we are not alone.

You must always know that YOU ARE NEVER ALONE anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

Great post Maxine! It's good to know we are not alone. I am so relieved to have someone to talk to about this. I would never have expected to be thinking this way about a "game." I am learning so much about myself through SL and I'm even starting to look at the people I meet in RL differently. Mostly I'm just marveling at the whole experience of being human and living life both online and in the "real" world. I enjoy your blog so much!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home