Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Synchronocity At Play

I (Alt Avatar #1) was at one of my favourite cafe's, Cafe Capisce at the New Paris Region of Madame Zagato. I love this area. It is also the home of the N30 Photography System.

I often come there alone to sit and think after a day of shopping in New Paris. I took a window seat and noticed a man walking up the stairs. He entered into the cafe and since I hardly ever see anyone there when I am there, took the opportunity to say, "Hello".

We started up a conversation and began to share both our reasons for being in SL and also what we did in RL. I found out that he was a psychologist. Hmmmmm. He and a partner wanted to set up an office in SL where people can come and have discussions, Hmmmm. He was waiting for someone to help them with setting up an office building so that they could get started. Hmmmmm.

At this point I was squirming in my bed with the laptop on my lap. I told Mr. Psychologist that the night prior, another avatar friend and I were talking about setting up an office where people can come and discuss and share their experiences on SL. And of course I started to share my observations .. then *poof* he was gone.
At least I had the chance to catch his name and offer him 'friendshhip' (something I have been reluctant to do of late for fear of bombardment of IM's)

The next day Alt Avatar #1 was out shopping with the girls when Mr. Psychologist 'accepted my friendship offer'. He then immediately IM'd me to meet him at a bar. I got teleported.

Thus continued our conversation from the previous night.

I shared with him an experience I had earlier (which I will blog about soon). We ended up sharing our philosophy's on certain issues and found them to be very similiar. One thing lead to another and I started showing him a tour of Maxine's homes. One home in particular, Maxine's first island home in SL appeared suitable for a psychologist(s) to conduct appointments and discussions.

I told Mr. Psychologist that I had set up the home for just that. A place where people can convene to share ideas, visions and well, pretty much anything relating to SL and RL. I then said, "I have been waiting for you. This house has been waiting for you."

It is true. When I designed the interior of the home in Aquila, I envisioned a place where meetings and discussions can be held. A meeting of the MINDS! Lol .... so to speak.

Finally, the home will no longer be empty (as Maxine continues to explore SL's other regions) and it can now be used to facilitate 'meaningful connections'.

More on the Psychologist Project once things get set up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

This sounds fascinating! I'd be really interested in checking this out once it is up and running!

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maxine, I found another fellow SL Blogger! :) Anyway, an SL in-world center would be most welcome. There are several support groups in SL right now, but none with person-to-person interaction. Ive looked for something like this personally, so please get it up and running soon! :)

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home