Friday, November 03, 2006

Titles: What Are They Good For & How Big is Your Cake?

In RL (Real Life) it is not uncommon for an individual to hold more than one job. Perhaps two part time jobs, or one full time and one part time, or even two full time ones! Augh!!

In SL (Second Life), one can hold many.

Currently I hold two titles. One of Director and the other, a CFO of a new and growing company. I did not need to apply for the positions. As a matter of fact, I was approached. And no, there was no sex involved with the Boss! :o)

I can only imagine that the reason I was approached was based on my reputation amongst my crowd and the way I conduct myself in-world. I was flattered. But before accepting I had to ask in detail what was expected of me etc ..

Can I do both jobs? Of course. Am I qualified? Certainly!

Although my RL Career is a mile away from the likes of these two SL jobs, my entire RL life has been practically based on the skills set and knowledge base that these SL jobs entail. Coincidence? I think not.

It was not by choice that I chose my RL 'work', rather, it was a calling. And for the longest time, I have been trying to find a way to get out of this so called 'calling'. I just want to 'hang up' altogether.

I feel as though there is more to me in RL that can be tapped into and that my contribution in other areas would be a great assett to any company/organization. The reason why I have not yet ventured off is because I also feel that "It is not yet the time."

When the TIME comes, then I will know. Another door will open and I will know whether to walk thru it or to re-think my route.

In SL, with these two titles of large responsibility, it is easy to maintain and keep up with the obligations. I teleport to one meeting after the next. No traffic, no looking for parking. I change business suits from one meeting to the next all in a matter of seconds AND I always look my best. My buttons are all done up, my make up is perfect and my hair is always in place. I also oversee three of my properties. One is where I conduct SL Orientation Sessions and the other is rented, per se and the third is just nearly completed its renovation. I am my own contractor and designer so believe me, it is not easy. But it is almost not impossible.

You just need to juggle work and play and what not in between IM's and Group Notices.

Am I busy or what?!

Despite the great demands that I place on myself in SL, I always make time to PLAY.

Late in the evening after a gruelling day of teleporting and flying, my SL hunk logs on and we are able to share a few intimate moments. The cherry on top of a sundae kind of day in SL!

In RL I've always believed that you can have your cake and eat it too.

In SL, you can own the Pastry Shop and Eat ALL YOU WANT. There are no limits.

C'est La Vie! In SL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home